Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I'm still in love


Ahh, I bet you thought this is gonna be a whiny girlrant about stinky boys...noooo! I saw the Stills last night at the first of 2 sold out shows at the Mercury Lounge, and it was just AMAZING. The last time I saw them was like 2 years ago at a free show in the summer, and the first time I saw them was at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, when they were opening fer the Bunnymen. I saw them twice on that tour (well, it was a Bunnytour). So I've heard all these people saying that they sound different, they're not as good, blah, blah, and I knew that Time Fletcher (singer) was sharing duties now with another guy in the band, and ya know, I was a bit worried. Everything was FALSE. They kicked ASS. The new songs sounded great, now they have a piano player, they've gotten a bit past just mere shoegazing (when I first saw them the entire band literally just played guitar and looked at the ground haha), the songs sound a bit more complicated, and they have a bit of a more energetic stage presence. When they played the old stuff, oh man, it made me feel like I was 20 again! And Tim Fletcher is still feckin adorable, and a bit, dare I say it (?!) less stubbly and scruffy?!! And OHMIGAWD they played their french song..jesus it was hawwt. Phew!


Do yerself a favor and download their new and beautiful new song "In the Beginning" at their MySpace (I'm looking at YOU, wifey!!)


the Stills' MySpace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home